Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Useful Tool

by J. Rosemary Moss

Genre: Fan Fiction (Sherlock Holmes)

Rating: G

Summary: In my first Sherlock Holmes drabble--a regular, 100 word drabble, I'm afraid; not a 221B special!--Watson finds himself scandalized by his friend's ruthlessness...This takes place during The Adventure of Charles Augustus Milverton.

~


I stared at Holmes, horrified. His ‘engagement’ is but a tool, a means of gathering information. But, contrary to his opinion, that girl is no mere instrument to be used and tossed aside.

I know his character. I’ve seen what lengths he will go to for the sake of justice and decency. Why must he mar that great heart of his with such utter thoughtlessness?

Holmes swears that a rival will cut him out. I pray he is correct, but I cannot help but spare a thought for the poor girl.

She will never know what became of her fiancé.

~The End~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was yet another time when I wanted to sock Holmes in the mouth.
The other two times, of course, being The Dying Dtective and The Empty House.

Very nicely done!

-Igiveup

J. Rosemary Moss said...

Thanks Igiveup!

The first Holmes fan-fic I wrote (The Unwitting Pawn) was based on The Dying Detective. The man is absolutely ruthless...and I don't think he even realizes the harm that might come of it!

Oy, Watson needs to explain a few things to him...

Thanks again!

Rose