Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Caption Needed!

Ok, ok...I know I'm supposed to give some other characters a chance. But I love this cap of Spock-McCoy! And, um, some of you have sent some wonderful pics my way, so we're likely to have more Spock-McCoy in the immediate future =P


So let's get started...what's up with the cloaks and suits?

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spock: "Why can't I be the Southern Gentleman, and YOU be the vampire??"


Me

Anonymous said...

Or...

Spock: "Why can't YOU be the vampire, and I'LL be the Southern Gentleman?"

Me

Anonymous said...

Or...

Spock: "Why can't I be the southern gentleman, and YOU be the vampire??"

or...

Spock: "Why can't you be the vampire, and I'LL be the southern gentleman??"

(I decided I didn't like the caps....)

or...

McCoy: "By the pricking of my thumbs, something Vulcan this way comes!"

or...

Spock: "This is the last time I allow you to choose our Halloween costumes, Doctor."

or...

Spock: "Landru, Schmandru...that suit doesn't suit you, Doctor!"

or...

Spock: "You will need to change clothes if you wish to join me in 'Dungeons and Dragons'."

OK, I'll stop...maybe! :-)

Me

Anonymous said...

Here ya go! I like #8 the best.

1. Spock: You look mahvelous, Leonard!

2. Spock: Western wear? But this is western wear, Leonard, western Vulcan wear, that is.

3. Spock: Since when did you get so much taller than me, Leonard?

4. Spock: Don’t blame me that we are in the dungeon suite again, Leonard! You made the reservations.

5. Spock: You drive me crazy when you do that with your hands.

6. Spock: Leonard, I am speaking to you. Stop ignoring me.

7. Spock: You look exceptionally ravishing tonight, Leonard.

8. Spock: Why do you get to wear the suit and I have to wear the garment bag?

J. Rosemary Moss said...

These are wonderful!

My favorites so far:

From Womanwarrior~

Spock: You will need to change clothes if you wish to join me in Dungeons and Dragons.

From Julianna:

Spock: Don’t blame me that we are in the dungeon suite again, Leonard! You made the reservations.

(Although I'm also partial to the pricking of my thumbs caption and the garment bag caption.)

Thanks so much, Womanwarrior & Julianna! I hope I can come up with something as fitting...

~Rose

Anonymous said...

Spock: Leonard, help! I'm shrinking!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I've got the cape on. So when are you going to cut my hair?

-Igiveup

Anonymous said...

Uh, that sould be Spock saying that line. *blushes*

-Igiveup

Anonymous said...

Igiveup--Thanks for the guffaws!!! TOO FUNNY!

Anonymous said...

When are you going to cut my hair???

Oh my gosh, that is CLASSIC! I gotta say, though, Bones should do something with the decor in his barbershop...and that SUIT!!! Geez....

Me

Anonymous said...

Spock: "Hey, the guy who looks just like my father wore a suit like that in 'Here Come the Brides'!"

(A small tribute to the wonderful Mark Lenard.)

Me

Anonymous said...

Or...

Spock to McCoy: "Fascinating...the actor who looks just like my father wore a suit like yours in 'Here Come the Brides'!"

Me

(Another small tribute to the wonderful Mark Lenard.)

J. Rosemary Moss said...

Ohmygosh--Igiveup, that was too funny!

And Womanwarrior, what a lovely tribute.

~Rose

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Rose.

Like DeForest Kelley, James Doohan, and my own dear late father, Mark Lenard was from the "greatest generation".

Most of the men I've ever known from that time had a certain masculine gentility, integrity and modesty.

I certainly do wish that all four gentlemen were still around.

Me

Anonymous said...

Julianna...

I got a huge charge out of "Leonard, help, I'm shrinking!"

That picture does make him look like he just got caught in the "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids!" ray!

Me

Anonymous said...

Aw, shucks, WW, thanks.

Say, add my dad's name to that list of great and gentle men who are sorely missed. Valentine's Day would have been his 97th birthday.

Anonymous said...

Valentine's Day??? Awww....

My Dad would have been 92 this year. He died 7 years ago, the day after Thanksgiving, at the age of 85.

Perhaps our dads have hooked up by now....

Me

Anonymous said...

If there is a jug of wine and/or cold beer involved plus a poker game....

Anonymous said...

My dad would have gone for the cold beer and the poker game...at least before he was married, LOL!

My mom is with him now...she died at 84 a little over 3 years ago.

I bet they're having fun....

Me

Anonymous said...

Spock: "Why, bless mah pointed eahs--a gentleman caller!"

Anonymous said...

McCoy: "Why, suh, I find your cloak--what's the word--fascinatin'!"

Anonymous said...

Well, mah, mah, mah...my l'il ole' dahlin' sis made two EXCELLENT contreebushuns....

Good job, WarriorSister!

Me

J. Rosemary Moss said...

Thank you all, for the funny, lovely and poignent comments and captions!

This thread has reminded me just how many people we miss from that greatest generation...

~Rose

Anonymous said...

WW--My mom died last May, 29 years after Dad passed. When we removed her oxygen mask, we found that she died with a smirk on her face, the little dickens! She found Dad right away.

Anonymous said...

Julianna...your mom sounds like a pistol!

My mom died while my sis and I were working. The nurses said she literally died between heartbeats...one second her vitals were low but steady, the next they were completely gone. They hadn't expected her to die, so there was no DNR order...but it didn't matter, mom was GONE. I guess once she saw daddy, she said, "I'm outta here!"

Me