No more longish hair for me. I'm getting it bobbed today--cut down to size, so to speak. It's a wild, frizzy mess right now that's crying for taming.
So why am I so down about going short? At heart, I suppose, I still dream of having long, unruly curls flowing down my back . . .
5 comments:
I have the same dream, but my hair never co-operates. I just get tangled frizz. But do I cut it? Of course not....
I always marvel about how much darker my hair looks when I get it trimmed. (I used to say, "Just cut the gray," but I'd have so little left these days...)
But remember, you are doing your hair a service by removing the frizzy split ends. And you will be cooler in these summer months. And finally, just trime it a half inch every 6 wks to get rid of the split ends, and you will have healthy long hair once more.
And if your hair is anything like mine, it's curlier (and cuter) when it's shorter!
Charlene~I completely understand why you're not cutting it. I think frizz may be a small price to pay for the feel of long hair cascading down your back...
Julianna~You are so right! It does feel better and it is curlier at this new, short length. And, yeah, cuter too. I don't know why, but I feel thinner now. =P
Do you have good hair products to enhance your crowing glory? I am using up mu Ojon products that my sisters found on QVC. Quite pricey, but they lasted a loooooog time. The conditioning volumizing foam works well (and smells like charred chocolate--mmmmm!) I also use Paul Mitchell liquid curl definer (Smells like fresh cut apricots. Mmmmm!!!) I find it best to wash my hair at night, put the product in, fingercomb it, then go to sleep. I wake up with no-fuss hair that looks decent. Otherwise, if I wash it during the day, even if I let it air dry and don't touch it, somehow, I end up looking like a chrysanthemum. Go fig.
Have fun with your new 'do!
Hey Julianna,
Um, I, uh--well, I've never used 'product.' (I hope that doesn't mean my hair's going to fall out in a couple of years!)
I'm willing to start now, however. I'll probably skip the QVC stuff, due to poverty, but I'll invest in the Paul Mitchell Curl Definer (Curl Definer--that sounds promising!)
I'll let you know how it works out . . .
~Rose
Post a Comment