Niko, my beloved pet rat, died in his sleep this evening. I'm missing him fiercely. This is a picture of him during the holidays--he was sitting in his cage in front of my grandmother's fire place, keeping warm. He was the gentlest guy imaginable--I don't think he even realized that he could bite anyone! He certainly never tried. He was very affectionate, very picky about his food...and completely unafraid of the family dogs and cats. Fortunately, none of them ever tried to harm him. They just accepted him as one of the crowd.
9 comments:
Oh, I am so sorry for your loss, Rosemary.
Peace!
Julianna
(PS--I loved the hammock in his cage!)
awww *hugs* i'm sorry.. i know how you feel.. this past summer, while me and my mom were heading up north my favorite muse, Remmy, died.
Niko is now over the rainbow bridge, having lots of fun playing with all of our lost pets, and he'll be there when you are ready to join him.
(sorry if that was a little creepy, but that's how i like to think of it, yanno?)
Thank you so much, Julianna & Seiya.Eiri! I really appreciate it.
And Seiya, that didn't sound creepy at all...that's just how I like to picture Niko.
~Rose
Rose...
I think Niko's at the rainbow bridge, too. He's playing with my sister's cats, Sunkist and Butterfly, and with all other animals who've been loved and cherished. (Those who don't end up with a forever home are ushered immediately into the Kingdom of God.) My parakeets are there (Yo-Yo and Bennett) playing, too. I imagine our family kitties Jon-Jon, Kyrie and Joshua ran right through the gates to find my Dad and Mom.
Can you imagine the reunion De and Carolyn had with their animals?
Me
I really am sorry about Niko, Rose.
-Igiveup
I really am sorry about Niko, Rose.
-Igiveup
I'm so sorry Rose, the loss of a pet is always terrible, no matter if it's a small one like your rat or a bigger one like a cat or dog.
Seems as if it has been a gentle passing though if he died in his sleep.
peerie
Warriorwoman, Igiveup & Peerie,
Thanks so much for your kind thoughts! I miss my litte guy something fierce--I keep turning to give him a treat or pet him, but he's not there.
Thanks for understanding!
~Rose
*sighs sadly*
That's the hardest part...losing their physical presence, their warmth, their softness, their unique personalities, and the sweet familiar routines.
I grieve with thee.
Me
Post a Comment