Tuesday, May 5, 2009

How Kirk Met Bones...

I love this! It's from the new movie, so don't watch if you don't want to see the scene in advance:

Edit: Oh no! It's been removed. Sigh. Well--trust me, it was great!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Drools* So... cool...

And I won't be able to watch it in theaters because I don't have any money! :**(

-Igiveup

Anonymous said...

Something interesting I read online(probably common knowledge by now, but what the hey?):

In this film an aleternate timeline has been created thanks to our bad guy Nero, and Nimoy-Spock.

However, the timeline from the original series still exists(counts as 'Canon.') Data mentions how this works in the episode "Parallels."

From the spoilers I've read, it seems like an awesome film, and yet I still feel nervous...

Anonymous said...

McCoy's intro is easily his best scene. We learn how he gained his nickname too.

I highly recommend the film. But everyone must try to keep an open mind. IMO, Abrams & Co. have taken great care with this rare gem of a franchise & offer MANY nods to the Roddenberry canon. There's a tribute at the end of the credits, so be sure not to leave early.

Anonymous said...

Oops. Forgot to mention there's even a nod to Sherlock Holmes! :0)