Friday, May 8, 2009

Star Trek XI Caption Contest

No, I haven't seen it yet. [Pause for a melodramatic sigh.] I hope to remedey that soon. Meanwhile, check out the New York Times review...in fact, the movie's been getting great reviews all over!

Meanwhile, to celebrate it's arrival, let's feature the new Star Trek for our caption contest. This looks like it requires some explanation:

10 comments:

Julianna said...

Spock: (thinking) Hmm. She's bumpier and softer than McCoy.

---

I just came home from seeing The Movie. Be prepared! McCoy has one line (Heck, nearly all of his dialogue is one-liners!). This line nearly made me swoon! Youll see what I mean. Enjoy the movie, and bring tissues. I was crying 5 minutes into the film!

Anonymous said...

"Jim, stop f*cking with the Transporter & beam McCoy back here."

BTW the film is awesome (even if it tries to nip slash in the bud). But brace yourself. This one has as much emo impact as TWOK.

I'm still teary.

Seiya.Eiri said...

Uhura: aww it's okay spock, McCoy will be right back!



orrrrr.. my original though lol

Uhura: it's alright spock, McCoy will realize he loves you soon enough!


.. second not quite what i wanted to say but i'm a little hyper 'cause we went to burger king, and like the little kid i am, i went hyper over my new star trek toys and i got all four glasses... still waiting to get original spock and "bones" lol.

Womanwarrior said...

Spock: "Geez...I wish she'd get her knee out of my groin!"

Will be seeing the movie Sunday....

Julianna said...

Spock: (thinking) Let's see. Females are the ones with lumps in their tops, and males are the ones with lumps in their shorts. Yes, this one is definitely female.

Spock: Lieutenant, the turbo lift is not the best place to perform neural pressure techniques.

---

BTW, I love Spock's response to Uhura's question, "Tell me what you need." ZQ's acting here was so subtle yet so profound I wept.

Damn hormones....

Julianna said...

Spock: (thinking) Oh great. Leonard will smell her perfume all over me and there will be hell to pay.

Anonymous said...

Spock: (thinking) Oh great. Leonard will smell her perfume all over me and there will be hell to pay.*sporfle*

Don't wish to spoil, but gotta love Uhura's er, persuasive abilities regarding assignments.

J. Rosemary Moss said...

Lol, Liederlady! I agree. That was a great Spock-Uhura moment ;)

Anonymous said...

1.Spock: I am curious to experience a 'threesome' first hand. Can I convince you to join me and McCoy?

Uhura: Uh, I'm *hugging* you, aren't I?

2. Uhura: Yes! We're back on the big screen! Star Trek lives!

Spock: I was unaware it had perished...

-Igiveup

J. Rosemary Moss said...

Great entries, everyone! I'll reach into the jar this afternoon...