I went to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince yesterday. No, it's not as good as the book (which, I think, was the best in the series.) Yes, it should have been longer to include more of the book. Yes, I would have been fine with a ten hour film to capture all of the book. =PStill, this film has a lot going for it, including an excellent cast. Alan Rickman as Snape is, as always, mesmerizing. But Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy--damn, he was good! His sobbing scene is heart-rending, and his whole performance captures Draco's strange mixture of pride and horror at what Voldemort has chosen him to do. . . and how terrified he really is, for himself and for his family.
I may go to see this again just for another look at his performance . . .
2 comments:
In my local paper this morning there was a brief article that talked about how the Pope approved of the movie. I thought that was pretty cool!
-Igiveup
Well, it's ultimately a fairly Christian story--along the lines of the Chronicles of Narnia, I'd say. So that makes sense.
These remain among my favorite books of all time . . . although I do have my share of arguments with the story :p
~Rose
Post a Comment