Ok, this oughtta warm the heart of both Star Trek fans and Bonanza fans. This clip is from a special about the western tv show Bonanza. It highlights many of its famous gueststars, including three from the Enterprise: Leonard Nimoy, James Doohan and DeForest Kelley.
Best of all, De Kelley has a grand pre-Star Trek line. Ben Cartwright says to him, "Well, you're a doctor, aren't you?" And Kelley's character answers, "I'm not a doctor. I'm a condemned murderer."
8 comments:
YAY! for the star Trekiness <33
but but! right after De's shot that actor was in my favorite show called M*A*S*H... and he played a surgeon in the army during the war!
Foreshadowing much ^_^
Yeah! Wasn't that a great (and, yup, foreshadowy) clip of BJ?
I love M*A*S*H too--I just wish that BJ and Trapper could have been on at the same time =P
~Rose
Um, there was an ep about a drought that had James Doohan AND Majel Barrett. It's the one where all four Cartrights help drill a very deep well to find water on Majel's land while Jimmy leads a bunch of valley folk up to the lake in the mountains. Each one tries to outdo the other until they get the job done. Wish I knew the name of that one....
-j-
Hey! That "movie" that was advertised at the end--wasn't Leonard in that, playing Frank somebady (the only survivor of the Clanton Gang at OK Corral (Or sumthin' like 'at)? His character had done rpison time and was now a law abiding, married man, but people still wanted a piece of him. (I loved how he said that he made his wife not sew up the toes of his socks "because toes should be free.") One of the Cartright grandsons helped take a bullet out of his side. Great acting, Leonard! I was so sure you were hurt that I wanted to send you flowers!
Okay, does anyone member THAT movie?
-j-
they would of had a blast together!
or killed each other since my 2 OTP's are bj/hawkeye and trapper/hawkeye ^_^
Oooh--Julianna, thanks for the info! I'm going to see what I can dig up about that episode...and I'll find the title for you.
I'm ashamed to say that I don't remember the movie much. I definitely don't remember Leonard Nimoy in it, but I must find out about this!
~Rose
P.S. Seiya--Hmmm...would I be evil to suggest a threesome?
(Sigh..why did both Trapper and BJ have to be married?)
evil? never, genius? yes! lol
and they have to be married otherwise Hawkeye would of been all over them (well, more so anyways) instead of Hot lips, or random nurses... and then the show would of not lasted as long as it did.
which stinks >.<
lol
and back to the threesome.. i'm now gonna search for fics like that.. ^_^
(i'd write one but my writing is craptastic... lol )
"craptastic"
I have learned a new word!
-j-
Post a Comment