by J. Rosemary MossGenre: Star Trek, Fan Fiction, Spock-McCoy
Rating: G
Feedback: Any and all welcome!
Disclaimer: Sadly, I don't own Star Trek
Summary: In this drabble, McCoy realizes that his past is an open book to Spock...
~
There are no secrets between us now. That’s the legacy of this katra business: he knows every last damn thing about me.
I know his secrets too, but he can pretend not to blush over his embarrassing memories. Vulcans don’t suffer embarrassment. But I’m just an illogical mess of a human who ran away from his cheating wife, leaving his daughter behind. God, what must Spock think of me?
It doesn’t matter right now. He’s not operating on all thrusters. But once he’s himself again, I’ll have to face him.
And I’ll have to face the chagrin in his eyes.
I know his secrets too, but he can pretend not to blush over his embarrassing memories. Vulcans don’t suffer embarrassment. But I’m just an illogical mess of a human who ran away from his cheating wife, leaving his daughter behind. God, what must Spock think of me?
It doesn’t matter right now. He’s not operating on all thrusters. But once he’s himself again, I’ll have to face him.
And I’ll have to face the chagrin in his eyes.
~The End~
8 comments:
Oh man, you can't stop there!! I like how McCoy describes himself as a mess of a human. And how Spock is not operating on all thrusters right now. Are we going to see what happens when Spock does get himself back again? Please?
Melinda
Aw, poor McCoy! And how dare you stop there! Keep going, I wanna know what happends next!
-Igiveup
*poke* i'm with them *points to the comments above*
please don't end it there!!! TT_TT
*I'll* tell you the next part of the story--the Enterprise 7 go back in time to rescue two whales who will "Go tell this probe what to do with itself." They get the whales, travel forward in time, release the whales, save the Earth, face several charges, and get exhonerated--all but Kirk who, thankfully, gets demoted back to Captain. They are given a new, untried ship named the --wait for it!-- USS Enterprise "A."
Whew! Okay, Rosemary, you can take it from there. What happens to our boys next???
Aw, thank you everyone! I appreciate the lovely comments.
I do have a short piece in mind that expands on this...we'll see how it goes. It's in a very imperfect state at present, lol.
~Rose
"...this katra business...."--so like McCoy to try and put one of the scariest events of his life into an innocuous three-word phrase!
Isn't it ironic that two men who have done their best to shield their private lives are now completely open to each other....
Me
Thanks Womanwarrior!
Lol--massive understatement was exactly what I was going for with that 'katra business.' It seemed to suit Bones =P
As for the irony...I agree. I suppose that's a big part of what makes that whole storyline so fascinating to me.
~Rose
I vote for a sequel too! This is too short and too good to end here.
Pleeeeze!
peerie :o)
(sending virtual chocolate to you muse, so that she will see to that imperfect idea in your mind quickly)
Post a Comment