I suspect the late Heath Ledger will make for an excellent, chilling Joker in The Dark Knight. I can't wait to see this movie! (Though it won't be the same in the wake of Ledger's death...and the tragedy is bound to overshadow the film somewhat.)
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I was looking forward to it too; I loved "Batman Begins".
I'm not sure I'll be able to watch it now because of Ledger's death - I really liked him.
I hear you--he was simply astounding in Brokeback Mountain. That movie was a bit overlong (especially considering how slim the book is!) but Heath Ledger was so captivating that it was hard to mind.
That said, nothing's going to keep me away from The Dark Knight! Apart from the fact that I wouldn't miss anything with Christian Bale, it would seem a shame to miss HL's last full performance. From what I've heard, he really threw himself into the role.
3 comments:
I was looking forward to it too; I loved "Batman Begins".
I'm not sure I'll be able to watch it now because of Ledger's death - I really liked him.
Francine
Hi Francine,
I hear you--he was simply astounding in Brokeback Mountain. That movie was a bit overlong (especially considering how slim the book is!) but Heath Ledger was so captivating that it was hard to mind.
That said, nothing's going to keep me away from The Dark Knight! Apart from the fact that I wouldn't miss anything with Christian Bale, it would seem a shame to miss HL's last full performance. From what I've heard, he really threw himself into the role.
~Rose
I'll probably end up seeing it too - it's just that the excitement is a little less. Christian Bale is always awesome : )
I just wish HL was here to see it too.
Francine
Post a Comment