by J. Rosemary Moss
Genre: Slash Fan-Fiction (Bonanza)
Rating: PG-13
LINK TO PART ONE
~
Little Joe escorted Abby outside on his arm. “Well, that new mother-in-law of yours sure is something,” he commented, knowing full well that his eyes were twinkling with amusement. And with good reason. Even as he spoke, Pa and Josephine were inside getting better acquainted over some refreshments.
“David never told me that I’d be meeting his mother while he was gone!” Abby exclaimed. “I’ve never been such a nervous wreck in my life.”
“Don’t worry, you did just fine,” Joe said soothingly. “Now, how do you think my Pa liked Josephine?”
“Oh, he was enchanted,” Abby answered at once. “There’s no question of that.”
“That’s just what I thought,” Joe returned, satisfied. “So, the question is: how do we get her to stay on the Ponderosa? Maybe we should ask her to be your chaperone.”
Abby looked at him doubtfully. “I think your father is a more than adequate chaperone.”
“Of course he is, but that’s not the point. It would look even better if your future mother-in-law were staying here, don’t you think?”
“Not if that future mother-in-law is Josephine Levine,” she answered frankly.
Joe leaned up against one the porch posts as he considered that. “I suppose that’s true,” he owned. “She does have a sort of risqué reputation.”
“Besides,” Abby continued, “won’t she need to be close to the theatre in town?”
“Only when it gets closer to production, I would think,” he returned, dismissing that objection.
Abby smiled. “I think you should leave your Pa to, ah, pursue Josephine as he sees fit.”
But Joe shook his head. “Not a chance. I’m going to enjoy playing matchmaker. Besides, I never leave Pa to his own devices. Where would he be today if I had?”
Abby apparently didn’t feel equal to answering that. She maintained a respectful silence instead.
“Come on,” Joe told her, his eyes twinkling again. “Let’s go back inside and offer Josephine all the hospitality of the Ponderosa.”
LINK TO PART THIRTY-SIX
No comments:
Post a Comment