by J. Rosemary Moss
Genre: Slash Fan-Fiction (Bonanza)
Rating: PG-13
LINK TO PART ONE
~
“Hey Pa!”
Ben sighed as he heard Joe’s shouts. That boy was supposed to be in the Northern pasture by now. Even though it was Saturday, it was still a work day as far as the Ponderosa was concerned. The ranch didn’t run itself.
The front door burst open as Little Joe came running inside. “Pa, didn’t you hear me?” he asked.
Ben put down the accounts he’d been adding up and glared at his son. “Why aren’t you working?” he demanded.
“I’ll get to the fences in a little while, Pa,” Joe assured him, flashing that smile that always put Ben in mind of Marie.
Ben felt his gaze soften despite himself. “Well, what is it?” he asked his youngest.
Joe winked. “There’s a beautiful woman coming our way, Pa,” he informed him. “If you move quick, you’ll be on time to help her out of the buggy.”
Ben raised his eyebrows. “I’m surprised you’re not waiting to help her down yourself.”
“Oh, she’s a bit old for me, Pa, so I thought I’d give you first crack,” he answered with a face full of good-natured mischief. “But, if you feel you’re too far past your prime, I’ve never been averse to older women—”
“Stay here,” Ben grumbled, smarting at the ‘past your prime’ comment. “I don’t want our guest to be frightened off by your attentions.”
Little Joe laughed, but followed him out anyway. Ben sighed, wondering why his words carried such little weight around here.
LINK TO PART TWENTY-NINE
No comments:
Post a Comment